Tags & Titles

Alaska yellow license plate

Tags and Titles Services

Auto Tags & Titles can help with your tags and titles needs. We offer the following services:

  • Issue Tags and Titles
  • New or Duplicate Registrations
  • License Plates
  • Change of Address
  • Boat Registrations and Tags
  • Commercial and Non Commercial Vehicles
  • Trailers, RVs, Snow Machines, ATVs, Motorcycles and Boats

Buying or Selling a Vehicle?

shake hand, buy, car

It is required by the state of Alaska, after purchasing a new vehicle, that it is transferred to your name within 30 days of the sale in the form of an Alaskan Title.

Auto Tags & Titles can process your title instantly, which means you can get on the road right away.

We highly recommend the buyer and seller meet at Auto Tags & Titles to complete the transfer of ownership. We will verify the vehicle has a clear title and process the title transfer to the new owner.

Misplaced your title? No problem! We can replace missing titles right away. We can also remove a lien holder and update the vehicle record to show your vehicle was sold.

Valid government issued identification required for ALL transactions

Here you can find applications for vehicle transactions:


What to Bring With You

Transfer of Ownership

  • Title or Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) with transfer of ownership and odometer statement complete
  • License plate or VIN number
  • Lien release letter if previously financed

Vehicle Transfer Notification

  • License plate or VIN number
  • Buyer’s name and address or
  • Notice from bottom of title

Lien Release

  • Original title with lien released or
  • Lien satisfaction letter from previous lienholder

NOTE: The Vehicle Transfer Notification does NOT take the vehicle out of your name. It is simply a note in the system showing the vehicle was sold.

Plates and Tags

Need to replace lost plates, tags or decals? We’ve got you covered.

We can issue replacement plates and tags for vehicles, motorcycles, trailers, RVs, and commercial vehicles.

We can issue replacement decals and tags for boats, ATVs, and snowmobiles.

Valid government issued identification required for ALL transactions


Give us a call!

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us or you can send us an email using our online contact form.